Tuesday, August 12, 2008

THE MOON AND MY MIND

An ancient moon lay warped, fluttering,
In the moss-reeking fishy pond, flickering.
The cool night air raking archaic sentiments,
Stale, evoked only hollow consequences,
And it looked as though my mind was reflecting
In the rippling glassy darkness,
As I searched for the two,
the mind and the moon.
A frog-like thought leaped in on to the surface,
Deranging and scattering the images.
The water seemed uneasy and nervous,
Incompetent to deflect radiance and
The darkened glitter basked in the gloominess.
Up in the heavens the clouds shrouded the glow,
The firmament a black blanket of holes.
Reality of life, the sheaths, the five domains
Prohibited love to enter the remains
Of old age's distrustful psyche, to which, a breeze,
Now tried to respond in vain, to mellow.
The facade of the make believe, made no efforts
To defend and delude with its time worn enticements
Lasting only the life span of the trembling moths.
Looking up and down, there was no trace,
Inside the blanket or under the rippling glass,
The dismal haze,of a round, scarred face.
Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Edita said...

Blues

By this fire I still can feel the wind
By this fire I still can feel the wind
Stays by my shoulders like it's listenin

All night I hear somebody callin me
All night I hear somebody callin me
But I can't think what could the answer be

When I get home I'll lock the peaceful in
When I get home I'll lock the peaceful in
When I get home I'll tell you where I been

by Suzanne Gardinier

Hopeful said...

I like the symmetry set up between the mind and the reflection of the moon in the water in this poem, and the words had a flow to them which seemed almost romantic. This is definately a poem with some serious potential.