Friday, October 24, 2008

unfeigned zones

They weren’t dreams; they were distended, liquefied images. I looked for the shore, sans foot marks, but knew, they have been sucked in, without leaving a faint trace, by snakes, cold and frothy, resembling entwined mysteries.Interlaced remains of carnal gloom under the gray nightfall, waited just round the corner behind dark boulders of rocks cursed and doomed to be frozen in time.The presence of the gargantuan finale didn’t preclude a cool breeze from counseling me in hushed whisper of the many masked proofs. Visages emerged from the recesses of the deep, definable and otherwise, dark like my slumber on the threshold of the door that opened in to the vast, roaring waters. Clouds now entered the room in the attic and slipped down the stairs, like a prelude to nature’s splendid wakefulness.Silence was like chaff in the gaining roar, trying to contain the many grumbles and moans of love and hate,climaxing;but the song evaded it.I fought back swimming through the sand, wading through shells of existence, seeing the reflection of my city in a mirror. I looked back; the winding road seemed never to end.The few grains of sand trapped in my pocket still seemed to listen…….to the roar.
Sphere: Related Content

4 comments:

Sadia Hussain said...

The few grains of sand left in my pocket....... I loved the ending.

AnAestheticBard said...

Thank you Sadia. I love and value your compliment, coming as it is from a mind full of beautiful abstractions, amply demonstrated through your art.

"Hanging on a Hyphen" said...

I always felt the long days in between your blogs are like the sacrifices needed to be made to reach the pinnacle. My friend you never ever failed me. Your text speak with tons of emotion, and the pictures you post bring me right there where they lay in silence. I admire you and treasure every opportunity to read your work. Your verses linger - "..Silence was like chaff in the gaining roar, trying to contain the many grumbles and moans of love and hate..." Those are words that just became part of my consciousness, perhaps to last my whole life. Keep writing because you make a lot of people feel good. Thank you...

Hyderabadiz said...

Thanks Shashi Bhai for the bright light you brought to our Blog. Wish you gr8er blogging spirit and in reaching the sky with your vision and version.
Keep up.