Sunday, August 9, 2009

Erratic Dreams

Apertures held on to the limits
reluctantly acquiescing to the invading existence.
sensuous dreams, quivering screams,
voyeurs, vampires and well-off wasps,
seething obsessions and sneaking snakes,
-names trafficking the gaping wholes,
fell off from unknown crevices,
stripping garbs off from form.
the deeps were still,
trying to shake off the skin.
when the twilight sand changed to coal,
shimmering black reptiles lengthened
to reach the aloofness of the invisible quay,
clad in fleshly gorgeous wastes of shells
thrown away by probing hands.
the scene, a silent scheme,
as dressed voids stole in;
tides stretched out to touch the trees
to flee with, untied from tedium,
pleading consent from yet another
unnamed survival.
the night would still be here
and now in the present
for a few more ticking seconds,
cloaked as hope,
in the black holes of slumber.
Sphere: Related Content

13 comments:

Sadia Hussain said...

"Black holes of slumber", I just love this line Shashi !!
I don't think one can describe it better.
Very intense!
Also you've posted beautiful images.

AnAestheticBard said...

Thank you Sadia.

gautami tripathy said...

Welcome to the poetry train!

I wrote about something other than you.

AnAestheticBard said...

Thank you gautami and I would love to read what you have written other than me:)

Greyscale Territory said...

So many stunning lines in this! Erotic and dark! I think my favourite must be the paradox of "sensuous dreams, quivering screams,"! Wonderful work!

AnAestheticBard said...

Thank you.

Vita Stunder said...

I just love your way of handling the words!
Keep up the good work :)

You said "give us more" in your comment at my place -
I have one new poem up if you feel for checking it out :)
Have a great wednesday!
Anna

Srikumaran Madhava Menon said...

Very amorous and erogenous. shimmering black reptiles lengthened is par excellence.

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Great imagery. Awesome poetry!!! Takes one's breath away.

JJ

Gerry Boyd said...

nice rant. bravo!

AnAestheticBard said...

Thank you Gerry:)

Jodi MacArthur said...

This poem is incredible. The flow of words and visions are powerful.

I recognize your name and remember reading your work before. Not sure where.

I'm adding this site to my google reader. Hope you update soon!

AnAestheticBard said...

Thank you Jodi for your comments.