Saturday, March 19, 2011

a night of beautiful madness

waxing confessions, melting away, liquefying, messing up the altar; dreary candles too fragile to burn away sins lingering as frozen sermons, equidistant from me and you.

Tonight I will sneak a look at you through the crack,you wreaked in my mind; jealousy nakedly shaping the voyeur in me with a vengeance waiting for those silken robes to move away. I will keep the windows open for your primeval blemish to deflect from the glassy cupboard of books in the corner,in to my amorous heat standing alone in a crook. I will eavesdrop with an ear close to the pane for the warped wails wilting in to stripped shadows on the wall.But you are several silences away. Instead I hear the hushed chants of the owl seducing in its pallid day;I hear them escaping the flue, blending with my obsession’s lingering glue; Now you are here touching me too close at the edge of the window, the blemish, hidden by an unfocused love’s foliage;you smelt of night flowers, in full blush, encircling, madly taking over, straddling my being with a sensation,an ecstasy so ancient.

Then you ran off with me in a lunatic dream whetting my nocturnal illusion - the scarred one up in the heavens.
Sphere: Related Content

5 comments:

Srikumaran Madhava Menon said...

And what to say except "AWESOME".......

Claudia said...

But you are several silences away...nice.. this brims with imagery and passion.....what a dream..what a night..smiles...enjoyed this

Brian Miller said...

nice...love the imagery and sensuality in this...you smelt of night and straddled my being in particular...

Charles Miller said...

You've an interesting job capturing the dream and its illicit temptation. So well, I thought itbwas at first! great:
warped wails wilting in to stripped shadows on the wall.

Kathy Bischoping said...

I pick "the hushed chants of the owl seducing in its pallid day" as my favourite line, a pale, cool -- and perhaps wise? -- contrast that makes the rest of the poem all the more lush and fervent.